We have been experimenting with new healthy recipes and we have found another favorite! This broccoli chicken dijon is also super easy to prepare.
In order for a recipe to be considered a success, we not only have to love the flavor, but it needs to fill us up. Maybe not the “gorge yourself to the point of unbuttoning your pants” full like on Thanksgiving, but not leaving us feeling like “wanting to naw off the other person’s leg out of sheer starvation” either. This recipe, just like the Spicy Shrimp recipe from a couple of weeks ago, is from the Lean and Green cook Book by Medifast.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 cups raw broccoli - trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Remove visible fat from chicken and cut into strips. In a bowl, coat the chicken in the soy sauce and set aside. For more flavor, marinate for 30 minutes.
- Saute the broccoli and garlic in 1 tsp of olive oil on medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from skillet, cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet and stir fry the chicken 4-7 minutes or until cooked through. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in mustard.
- Return broccoli to skillet and mix. Divide onto two plates and serve!
What are some of your favorite healthy meals?
. . . .
You will also like: