This giveaway is now closed
***THE WINNER IS RACHEL CORONA***
I recently helped my brother and sister-in-law paint their basement. They are getting ready to welcome baby #3 and wanted to get as much done as possible before he arrives. My brother started out doing it the old fashioned way with a brush and only got as far as one little under the stairs closet before getting discouraged that it was taking so long. Then they were going to rent a paint sprayer to do the trim, doors and closet shelves and then roll on the paint color for the walls. I suggested that I contact HomeRight and see if they could send a sprayer out. They sent us the Finish Max!
My brother had a contractor friend come and hang the dry wall and trim. And then to save money he decided to paint it himself. This is what we started with.
There is a really big family room, a "man cave", a bedroom, and a bathroom. And between them all there are five closets, one of which is HUGE with loads of shelves. I didn't get a picture because of the lack of natural light in there. If we would have painted all those shelves in all those closets with a brush or even a roller we would have been at it for weeks.
The Finish Max sprayer is mostly used for furniture so it is not meant for walls (HomeRight offers a variety of sprayers for all different purposes). We used the HomeRight Paint Stick for the walls in the rooms but we went ahead and primed and painted the walls inside the closets with the sprayer. The Finish Max can also be used with clear sealer, polyurethane, stain and varnish.
I showed up to paint the first day and my brother and I were wearing the same shirt! Out of the 25+ painting shirts I have the the tons of t-shirts he has, what are the odds?
I LOVED it. You guys I probably embarrassed myself in front of them because I couldn't stop squealing and professing my undying love for this machine.
Things I loved:
- The over spray was very minimal.
- The finish was baby butt smooth. I seriously couldn't get over it.
- It was very user friendly. Easy to use and easy to clean up.
- It didn't "spit" like other sprayers I have used in the past
- Because there was very little over spray, the paint went really far. We didn't use a ton of paint considering that we painted an entire basement.
Things to know:
- We mixed it with water according to the "enamel" suggestion since it didn't list "latex" or any other type of paint. It worked just fine.
- You will need to stop occasionally to clean the nozzle. I just used my finger under my shirt to wipe it clean. you could use a slightly damp rag as well.
- You may have a strong desire to name it and sleep with it next to your bed. It may become your new BFF.
I was super impressed with how the doors at my brother's house turned out. Flawless.
My doors are in desperate need of a new coat of paint and I bought a new kitchen door this weekend. So guess what I am going to do this week?
And here is their basement now! They still have some touch ups but for the most part they are ready to lay flooring this week.
I wish the picture of the trim showed more detail. It really doesn't do this justice at all.
So do you want one of your very own? Of course you do :)
HomeRight is giving away a Finish Max Sprayer to one lucky reader.
*You must be 18 years or older to enter and a resident of the USA. The giveaway runs from April 16, 2014 until April 22, 2014. The winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Winner is chosen randomly by random.org.
And real quick, just a reminder that HomeRight is having a PaintStick challenge this month. There are cash and big prizes! Check it out :)
You will also like: