Lets chat about lead paint. As I am sure most of you know, lead was used in some paints in the US until 1978. It is harmful if the paint chips are eaten or if the dust is inhaled. It is particularly dangerous to young children (they are always putting things in their mouth!) and pregnant women. (for more details about lead paint visit the EPA’s website)
When we moved into our home that was built in 1938 lead paint was a concern for us. We had our home tested by a professional and there was luckily no amount of lead detected. But when you buy old pieces of furniture that you would like to refinish, antique toys to display, or other old items, you don’t want to pay a professional to test them every time.