Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

I am so stinkin’ excited to finally share with you my new family room! This post is the reveal. I will be doing more posts with tutorials, details, paint colors, ect. I will also come back here and add the links to those posts as I post them.

But for now, here she is in all her  yellow glory :)

Lets do a 360 around the room.

family room yellow1 1024x682 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

PinExt Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

I kept all the same furniture except the entertainment center got moved downstairs. And I added a side table. As far as furniture goes, I only painted one piece and the others stayed the same. I even kept the same layout. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…. right?

family room1jpg 1024x682 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

family room couch pillows1 682x1024 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

Oh man! I wish I could invite you all over to see how bright and happy this space is. The pictures never do a room justice.

family room flowers1 776x1024 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

During the winter I sometimes splurge and pick up some fresh flowers at the grocery store. I LOVE having cut flowers around my house which I why I plant so many in my yard.

family room couch1 1024x664 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

family room side table drawers edited 2 683x1024 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

PinExt Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

I have searched for YEARS for a small card catalog that I could use as a side table. They are either too expensive or too big or both. So I built this one! (Tutorial coming soon)

card catalog side table3 650x1024 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

family room chair edited 1 1024x682 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

family room bench1 1024x682 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

The bench that I built use to be upholstered in red. I don’t know a lot about sewing. If I DID know a lot about sewing I would not have picked striped fabric to make this bench cover! Holy moly it was hard for me to line up stripes and keep them straight when I upholstered (AND tufted) it.

fire place electric insert edited 1 700x1024 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

Eeeeek! I have a fireplace now :) I am so in love with it and so are are my kids. They have always wanted one. I grew up with a real wood burning fireplace and have miss it so much. I built this baby and added an eletric insert. And I CAN NOT WAIT to show you what secrets it holds………

family room mantel 1024x703 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

You know I am all about decorating with meaning. I look forward to sharing with you in an upcoming post why I chose these things for my mantle.

family room gallery 1024x682 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

family room decor1 1024x682 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

This gallery wall was the first wall done. I would just sit and stare at it. It has LOADS of meaning too.

family room key pillow edited 1 1024x718 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

family room side view edited 1 682x1024 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

family room pottery barn light 682x1024 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

PinExt Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

HERE ARE THE POSTS WHERE I BREAK IT ALL DOWN AND TALK ABOUT EACH PROJECT IN THE ROOM:

Tutorial for the Barnwood Cupboard

Tutorial for painting lead paint: Tin Ceiling Tile Picture Frame

Painted Pillows

Gallery Wall

Card Catalog Side Table TUTORIAL

Products, Paint Color, and other details

Thanks for taking this little virtual tour of my new space. I can’t wait to get started on breaking it all down. I have so much to share! I will leave you with a before shot of what it used to look like.

americana family room 2 1024x682 Cheerful Yellow Family Room {The BIG Reveal!!!!}

Linked up to Home Stories A to Z

Comments

1. Patty says

Gorgeous room. I could see myself curled up in that cozy chiar reading a good book. Love the textures and wall popping art…give the room lots of depth. Good job!

Everything looks so beautiful, warm, dreamy, and cozy. These are all my colors too, minus a bit of turquoise.
    I love warm buttery yellow Have a great one. Hugs, jen

Such a warm color! I may need to repaint my office… I love the lighting you chose and your antique library card cabinet.
    I like you on FB but I don’t believe I have ever visited the blog before. Glad I did, your blog is delightful. Love the layout!

4. Emily says

Gorgeous room! And I can’t believe you built that card catalog! I can’t wait to see the tutorial on that.

The room looks so fresh, cozy and inviting! I had a yellow kitchen in my last house and loved it! Hmmm…now you have me thinking about that same color for my entry and hall. We’re in the middle of redoing it and I want something that will make it bright, give it color and yet go well with the dark woodwork, trim and stonework. I think I was meant to read this post!

Love the bright and cheery especially since it is so cold and dreary right now. Can’t wait to see what secrets it holds and the meaning behind everything. I LOVE the light fixture and the card catalog. You never cease to be brilliant and daring with you tools my dear!

Wow, what a beautiful space! And I love the new fireplace!!! Is it an electric one just for looks, or does it provide warmth for the room also? I think I’d just curl up and read a book with the fireplace on, and never get any other work done! Looking forward to the upcoming posts about the different projects/tutorials for everything.

Ok, now that your living room is completed…you can come work on mine now! ;-)

• Erin o. says

Are you going to have a tutorial on your mantel? We’re looking to do exactly what you did except a little different insert but want to build the mantel. We have a log basket ( like what you would find in a real fire) that glows and heats. I’d like to do a brick background for it…

8. MeganM. says

I LOVE it! I love the colors and the feeling, and that you used such meaningful things in decorating!! Seriously. If we were friends I’d come hang out there all the time. :)

Stacy….it is breathtaking! Your family room is amazing! You did a wonderful job! I love everything about it…the color scheame, and all the little touches! Just beautiful!

10. Jayme Coonce says

What a beautiful space! You totally rocked the balance of beauty & comfort. :) I cannot wait for the tutorial on the card catalog table – I’ve wanted one for years! Way to go! :)

The room looks beautiful in yellow. I love the browns against the yellow…gorgeous combo. I would love for you to link this up to my Winter Blues Wednesday party that starts tonight at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

12. Barbara (WA) says

It was lovely before and even more lovely afterwards – great job! I love that your decor has personal meaning.

Fantastic job! I particularly love the light fixture and the dark brown cabinet with all the drawers in the corner. Just lovely!

Not sure how you manage to keep that carpet so clean! I don’t have any kids and I know it would be impossible for me! :)

14. Clara says

Wow, Stacy, that is so amazingly beautiful. And a fireplace? That certainly wasn’t there the last time we visited you. And how awesome that you made it? You are so amazingly talented. Love the whole room.

15. Marie says

I love it! You are gifted, my friend. I can’t wait for the card catalog tutorial. The few I’ve fallen in love with over the years have all been waaaaaay out of budget. ;)

Love your cheerful yellow room, and I’m really looking forward to the card catalog tutorial! Your pitcher of flowers inspired me, I’m going to add fresh flowers to our drab January house tomorrow :)

17. Amy says

I love it! Everything looks picture perfect, and at the same time it looks kid friendly. I can’t wait to see the secrets that the fireplace has! That light fixture is gorgeous too! I just love it all! You’ve done it again Stacy :)

18. Serena says

Does anyone know the light fixture brand and model?

Ps. I love the character this room has its so refreshing and doesn’t look like a catalog knock off which I wish more bloggers would do!

Favorite things: the way your family picture matches the color scheme, the key pillow, and the corner with the library card catalog side table is perfection. I’m so stinkin’ excited to see you how built that!! As a former librarian, I’ve been on the hunt for one, too, but just can’t swallow the price. Woohoo, can’t wait for that post!

It looks great! Our home looks a lot like yours with the arched doorways. What color is your floor stained? I am planning to stain our floor and want to do something dark like that.

As always, Stacey, you are pure awesome! What a great room and so many fun things. I love the fireplace and look forward to seeing how you did that.

It looks fantastic! I love it!

I’ve been delaying repainting our house, thinking I would hold off until we renovate, but I’m thinking I’m going to be doing it soon, since I have no idea how many years until we can afford the addition.

LOVE LOVE LOVE! We just painted our kitchen/dining area a very similar yellow and want to add pops of yellow throughout those areas and into our connected living room. Where did you find those pillows…that is the exact yellow I want! And I love your gallery wall and that card catalog! Can’t wait for the tutorial!!

24. Mariella says

Beautiful. For the first time i love a room where the sofa is dark. Love it. Cant wait for the tutorial. Would u share the link on how u built that bench? Thanks for sharing!

Like many others, I am so excited to learn how you made the card catalog side table! It looks totally fantastic! I love card catalogs and I love that you just made your own! Your fireplace mantel and surround look great, too! I can’t wait to see how you put it all together.

26. Lori says

Your room is beautiful. The curtains remind me of how I need to hang the one I bought for my room – just haven’t found the right rods yet – I like the ones you used. Ikea?

27. Becky says

Woohoo! I’ve been wanting a card catalog for years, too. I never thought of making one. And now you’ve done all the work of figuring out how, and I just have to wait for the tutorial. Sweet.

28. Jeannie says

Love your room and your decorating is fabulous! Very curious as to what the paint name is! I have been looking, and tried many shades, for a good yellow but they are too much in your face! This is so lovely! Great Job!

29. Rach says

Thankyou so much for posting this- its given me so many ideas for my own little house- I love your cushions- so inspired! * off to get some fabric*!!

o. my. goodness. Wow – I LOVE your room! the yellow, white, & deep brown. YUM. my fave moments are the light fixture, card catalog table, key pillow, and upholstered bench. Beautiful work! I’m sure your family loves relaxing together in this room! {found you through Beneath My Heart!}

31. M0MMAM1A says

Hi, I love it! Can you tell me what color paint you used on the walls? (…sorry if you already answered this question somewhere)

32. Kheighlah says

LOVE! thanks for sharing. and I love the name “Not just a housewife”. No one is ever JUST a housewife!