Dining Room Update {French Country}

I posted awhile back that I was wanting to do a mini makeover on my dining room. I had never really liked it before.  The decor needed a little update.

Here is my *new* French Country Dining Room!

dining room 1024x656 Dining Room Update {French Country}

Here are the before pics in case you don’t remember……

dining room text Dining Room Update {French Country}

changes to dinging room Dining Room Update {French Country}

dining room shelf edited 1 682x1024 Dining Room Update {French Country}

This corner shelf was a wedding present from my mom. I had seen it in a little shop and fell in love but my small college budget couldn’t afford it. My mom knew how much I loved old barn wood and surprised me with it after I got engaged. It was the first piece of furniture my husband and I owned :)

corner shelf edited 1 573x1024 Dining Room Update {French Country}

candle stick pine cones 1024x748 Dining Room Update {French Country}

I filled the corner shelf with things I love.

old books shelf 1024x744 Dining Room Update {French Country}

dining room mirror edited 1 1024x666 Dining Room Update {French Country}

Oh my word I love this mirror! I bought it at Home Goods for only $24.00! It started out a distressed black. But I thought It would look better sprayed Heirloom White. I attached barn wood to my wall and then hung the mirror on the old wood. I love to mix old and new.

mirror 1024x730 Dining Room Update {French Country}

homegoods mirror before 1024x677 Dining Room Update {French Country}

dining room angle 682x1024 Dining Room Update {French Country}

corner shelf angle 682x1024 Dining Room Update {French Country}

I am so happy with how it turned out. I wish I had a wide angle lens so I could get back even further. It goes so well with the kitchen right across from it. The curtains have made a huge difference too. I had blinds before and was nervous to take them down because they functioned so well. But I LOVE the filtered light from the curtains and the privacy. We open them a lot too. I am so happy with them I am taking the blongds down in my family room too and putting up these same curtains. They are from IKEA and are called LENDA.

dining room 1024x656 Dining Room Update {French Country}

PinExt Dining Room Update {French Country}

Comments

I have this same mirror, which I also spray painted heirloom white except I got mine at Walmart! Love your style! Might have to add distressed wood above my mantle behind my mirror too! Great job!

Looks great! I just took the blinds down in my living room & kitchen, and I just have curtains up. Love it! Plus you don’t have to dust the blinds anymore. :)

3. Amy says

It looks beautiful Stacy! I love the mirror and the corner shelf! The white curtains have the cottage feel and they look romantic too (date night with lots of candles on the table, and of course chocolate!)

4. Felicia Mathis says

Very nice! I love how just a few changes can totally change the feel of the room. I love the mixture of the rough cut wood into your space!!!

Wow what a difference! When I saw the before photo I thought, what is not to like about this room? Then I saw the after and I was surprised and delighted with the difference. It looked good before and now it looks great! I will have to remember the difference between good and great. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice room….either way. You must have some special kind of patience to checkerboard paint a ceiling! It looks great, but I just can’t imagine doing it. Sheers instead of blinds–huge improvement, small change really. You’ve got the designer eye!

Love all the barnwood you added to the room! And I have to admire the painted ceiling (even though that wasn’t part of the changes this time). I just finished painting floors and CAN NOT even imagine what painting a ceiling was like!!

For the religious i – Phone or i – Pod Touch user, this may be your next favorite app.
    Wii, Nintendo DS, Game Boy, or the original NES won by the extreme simplicity, ease of use and “commercial relationship” transmitted
    to their consoles. 99, it is pricier than the Nintendo system, and market watchers estimate that worldwide about
    26 million units have been sold thus far.

Decorating on a budget DEFINITELY makes you more creative! I never considered myself a decorator because I always thought my things weren’t all that pretty. However, taking inspiration from people and learning how to put objects together to make it aesthetically pleasing has really opened my eyes to how great my things really ARE! Thanks for the inspiration!