Trellis {from my Secret Garden}

Remember when I posted my “final” Secret Garden post? But then I remembered I forgot one of the projects? *sigh* That is what I get for writing my posts at night… late at night.

Here is the trellis from my Secret Garden.

garden trellis

This is what it started out as…..

I took the rounded swirly parts off from the sides. I sanded, primed, and painted them. Then I Screwed them together and used wire to attach them to the fence. I really want to add a metal rod to the bottom that would go into the ground and would keep the wood off the ground. I have an early blooming white clematis growing on it. I can’t wait for spring to see the huge white blooms again!

Now, that really IS the last post about my secret garden :)

Comments

1. Marci says

Every time you post about your secret garden I get so jealous, it is incredible! When we eventually buy a house I so want a space in the yard that’s even just a tiny bit like your secret garden! I can just see myself out there with a book like all day long! You did an amazing job with your secret garden, and it looks like you really thought out every little project you did!

So pretty! I cant wait to do some more gardening next summer – this summer we were doing a bunch of work on the house and didn’t want any gardening to get smashed by construction items :)

3. Pam the Goatherd says

That is a really great “upcycle”!!!! Never would have guessed that’s what it started out as!
    All your Secret Garden posts have got me really itching to get my little sitting area in the woods started, but I must be patient and finish the inside of the house projects first. Maybe next summer I’ll be able to put some of your ideas to use in my “secret” spot.

4. Jacey says

What a brilliant idea! I love it! I need 2 trellises in my garden and don’t like the trellises out there. The idea of upcycling is just right. Thanks! I’m off to hunt down some future trellises. :)

5. Amy says

Oh my goodness! I never realized how cool that part of the rocking chair is! It looks fantastic and you have such a green thumb! I love reusing things, thanks for sharing!

6. Allison Barber says

Love your Secret Garden! I just completed a garden art project that was really fun. I glued 436 pennies to a bowling ball using clear caulking. Added it to a hammered bronze planter with some plants in it and put it in “my” secret garden, well it is really just out front in my little planting area. It was a lot of fun and I love it!

Wow what a great idea to hide a corner that doesn’t look quite right. The swirls are too cute! I can hardly wait to have my own secret garden ~ inspired by yours of course!