MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!……finally

I am so happy that the sun came out today! It made for some great pictures of my office :) I have been so excited to reveal this room to you. I worked so hard on it. I built, made, or painted almost everything in here. Because of that, and waiting for a little extra money here and there, it took me about 3 months to do. Thanks for your patience as I finished this big project! I have received so many emails asking if I was done yet. I am and I AM IN LOVE! I wish you could see it in person. Today I am just revealing the whole room and over the next week I will break it down showing how I did it all.

002 661x1024 MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!......finallyI built 6 floating shelves out of old fence pickets. I think they are my favorite thing in my new office! They have a surprise too……

007 1024x685 MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!......finallyIf you read my post about painting the room 3 times you know the story about the color. I will write a post giving the custom tint info later. I used Behr Premium paint. It rocks! Very good coverage :)

009 1024x725 MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!......finallyRight now we have this brown armoire in the office that I have converted into a computer cabinet. It may be moving to the downstair family room when we finish the basement. Si if we do move it, I will put the blue chair I painted there in  its place.

011 685x1024 MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!......finally

004 793x1024 MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!......finally

012 1024x685 MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!......finally

006 1024x685 MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!......finallyThe thing I am the most proud of is this shoe storage bench that I built. It turned out so well!

003 697x1024 MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!......finally

013 792x1024 MY OFFICE REVEAL!!!!!!!......finally

I know there id an empty picture frame and even though that is popular right now I do not intend to leave it empty. I am planning on framing the Better Homes and Gardens article. I just haven’t gotten to it yet….

Painted Rug Tutorial

Wire Plant Cloc

Shoe Storage Bench Tutorial

Reclaimed Wood Floating Shelves Tutorial

Painted Pillows

Magnet Board and Topiary Trees

Pin It

Comments

OH MY GOSH!!! It is SO super fabulous and bright and cheery and fun and perfect! And that bench? AMAZING! Seriously, you are the poster child for DIY home projects. I expect to see you as Home Depot’s spokesperson in 2012. And maybe have your own show. If so, can I be your publicist? Pretty please?

The color, the color….my gosh….the color! I LOVE that deep teal. And the distress-ee shelves are fab too! That yummy chair makes me wanna come over and have a chat…..while you tell me about not being scared of power tools. You’re amazing, Stacey. And I suppose I can quel my jealousy of your fab space…just because I heart you, big time.

Wow! I love everything! The color, the style…those floating shelves are amazing! Everything’s so fresh and clean and gorgeous. Fabulous job!

I love your floating shelves. I want to do something like that in my dining room. That look and finish is exaltly what I had in my mind. I have to know how you made them! :)

5. Jenn says

Can we be friends? Wait…we are and I am so glad. You are truly AMAZING & INSPIRING!!! How you do it all is a mystery. Someday I hope to be brave and start making my own things out of wood. Your floating shelves are awesome!

6. Nanalie Knotts says

LOOKS AWESOME!!! I drove past your house the day you were painting the two little white cabinets and just knew they were going in this room! It all looks wonderful. I love the floating shelves too!

OMG I love it can you come to my house next and do my who house lol were did you get the wood for the shelves love it love it now when it is broke in and used and loved you have to also show us pictures of the room.

8. Jusa says

Awesome! Love the color palette, and the textures and shapes and all the little details. Most impressed that you did it all yourself. Can’t wait for more details. BTW, in my life, three months to finish a project is doing really well. I’ve lived in this house 24 years, and it doesn’t look anywhere near as nice as this room. With four kids????

9. Rylea says

You have inspired me to paint my own craft room and make changes…..I have added it to my already long list of tado’s, which brings to mind I have been meaning to ask you if you hire out? I will help, but with your creativity I am quite sure we can do it in about 4 hours. your room is beautiful. And where do you stash all your crafts in process? It looks so tidy…..

I came over from Sweet Little Gals link at her place showing off your office. It’s SPECTACULAR! Those floating shelves are my FAVE!!! I’m your newest follower and would love for you to come visit me, too!!!

Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Yes, love it! Your room is so sophisticated. I’m almost finished my craft room but it definitely doesn’t look professional like this one! What color did you use? I tried to paint my room turquoise twice but I keep coming up with crazy blinding blues.

jamie @ sewrockin.com

You know I love your new office. Thanks for linking to my link party. I featured your office because it’s incredible! Hope you’re doing well!

I love all things nautical, live at the beach and this would be so cool as my craft room. You did a rocking good job, you should be very proud!

14. frank says

first of all, i have to agree, love the picket fence shelves! did you have issues installing it on the wall? they seem like they are quite heavy to be stable. how did you do it? and i love how the office looks!

15. Laurie says

I love this idea!! Also love the paint color, do you remember the name and color? Thank you for the great idea.