My Big Announcement….and a way for YOU to help!

Remember yesterday when I said the AWESOME people from Home Depot sprung a surprise on us after dinner? Well, they did! And there were tears shed. In the words of Oprah, I may have done the “ugly cry”.

All nine of us bloggers will be able to pick a military family that lives in our area. They asked us to pick a military family who is in need. Those nine families will be entered to win a………..

20000homemakeover 1024x614 My Big Announcement....and a way for YOU to help!Are you dying??? Can you imagine having a 1 in 9 shot of winning that?!? I am so excited that we ALL can be a part of something so amazing!

Here is how it will work:

I need help in finding a family in my area to nominate. So if you know of a military family that is need of help with their home (new doors, roof, heating/air conditioning, carpet, fencing, etc) then please email me about them. In the subject line of the email please write “MILITARY FAMILY”. And by all means, you can nominate your own family if you meet the requirements! :) That would be great too.

*The family must own their home

*The family must be a Military family (for this contest, a Military family is defined by a household that includes a resident who is either currently serving or is a veteran of any branch of the U.S. Military)

*The family must live in Utah County or Salt Lake County

Once a family in my area has been chosen I will contact them to let them know they are in the running for the Home Makeover. Then Home Depot will post about this on their FACEBOOK page and everyone will have a chance to VOTE for a family!

Won’t that be so fun to cheer our family on? I can’t wait until we are to that point.

Even if you don’t live in Utah, if you know people who do please spread the word to them in case they know of someone who could use this amazing makeover.

P.S. I only have until Friday (Saturday at the latest) to find a family. Thanks for your help :)

Comments

What a great project to be working on. It will be fun to be able to vote and cheer someone on from Utah. I wish I could nominate my niece and her family. Her husband was shot in the head last year in Afganistan. He has a long road to recovery. But they don’t own a home right now because they’re living with family. I know whoever it goes to will be very deserving. What an awesome gift.

As an active duty Army wife, preparing to be a Veteran’s wife this brings tears to my eyes. I am so excited for that deserving family. No matter who is nominated or wins, they are deserving. Thank you and a big thanks to Home Depot.

3. Marty Davis says

My sweet husband is a ARMY Veteran! He served for 22 years! And there is so much we could do to this old house with some money from Home Depot! How great of them to donate that!

Are any of the bloggers in Colorado? We’re in the proces of an adoption from Ethiopia and we need to change a loft area to a bedroom before our daughter gets home….my husband is 17 years in the Air Force.

I wish I knew someone in the SLC area – because that’s an amazing gift!

5. Leah says

I am aware of a family in Cache Valley, Utah…Would that work??? “There is a military family here in cache valley. They have 6 kids, I think and their 3 yr old was just recently diagnosed with a form of leukemia.” Let me know if their family would be eligible and I can get you more info…
    Love your blog!!

6. Erika says

I have never nominated myself or my family for something like this, but my hubby just got back from Iraq and we could use something like this. We live in Utah County and if you want more info on our house and situation, etc. send me an email and I will give it to you I don’t want to in a public forum right now. THANKS!

Hi Stacy – I am a widow of a veteran that served in the Air Force. I am buying my home and it is over 100 years old. I struggle to pay the gas bill, because I am sure it needs insulation and windows. I can’t afford it and would love help if there was any out there. I work two jobs and have a business so I can make ends meet – sometimes they still don’t. :) My husband died 10 years ago (not in a war though), so I don’t know if that counts. I would nominate a family, but don’t know of any….and I live in Tooele County, not Utah or SL (it’s close though, so I wondered if that might count if you don’t find anyone there). Thanks for sharing this opportunity with everyone. You are awesome!