Outdoor Storage

Welcome to the second installment of my summer Outdoor Spaces Event!

outdoor spaces 1024x438 Outdoor Storage

IDEA #2  Cute Storage

outdoor shelves edited 1 1024x682 Outdoor Storage

Okay, to be honest this example is more decoration than anything, BUT it would still be cute if you had stacks of pots, more hand tools, twine, and other gardening supplies. And since the odds are good that I will forget to water these plants, I will probably end up with mine full of those things :)

crate shelves edited 1 1024x682 Outdoor Storage

I bought the crates at a craft Store (Micheal’s) for less than $10.00 each. Use your coupon and it would be even less :) They come unfinished so you can stain or paint them however you want. It is a good idea to seal anything you paint that will be outdoors. I use Minwax’s Helmsman outdoor sealer.

These would be cute on your porch, the back of your house, or heck…even inside your house!

shelf crate edited 1 1024x633 Outdoor Storage

Hang them vertical, horizontal, have a large grouping or even just one. The sky is the limit!

Think of other ways to create attractive storage for other items too. If you have kids then you probably have toys everywhere. A pool? Then you have pool supplies. Think outside the box for creative ways to store your items.

If you have a shed then make it cute by painting it a fun color, adding shutters, and putting some flower pots by the door. Sheds don’t have to  JUST be functional.

crate shelf edited 1 1024x683 Outdoor Storage

Oh, and to avoid a bunch of emails…. The colors are Krylon’s Ocean Breeze, Almond, and Pistachio.

crates used as outdoor storage Outdoor Storage

Tomorrow I will share another simple idea of how to decorate your outdoor spaces for not a lot of money.

Comments

Very nice! I think I even have one of those already that I got at a yard sale… I knew I’d find something I could use it for! Thanks for the idea :)

I used a masonry bit and drilled some holes in the brick. Then I used screws directly through the crates into the pre-drilled holes. Hope that helps!

Cute and clever! Makes me want to do something like that… if only it didn’t involve leaving the air conditioning and comfy couch. Will just admire your handiwork!

3. Jennifer says

Do you think they will stand up to the weather though? I’m worried that after one winter they would be pretty much garbage.

I never leave anything out in the winter. I always pack up any chairs, furniture, or decor and put it in the garage. You’re right, it would not last as long otherwise :)

4. Kathleen says

I love Krylon’s Ocean Breeze…..I painted my old white patio table and side tables with Ocean Breeze and it just made everything feel fresh and beachy…….and I live nowhere near the beach! I love Ocean Breeze so much that I spray painted my wooden step stool from Ikea and now I have that pop of color in my kitchen! Love your ideas!

I couldnt have found you at a more perfect time. Im in the middle of redecorating my patio and this would be perfect!! Thanks so much for the inspiration.