French Country Kitchen

I FINALLY was able to take pictures and post about my kitchen. It is such a huge relief to have it done. Just as I got it all cleaned up and ready to shoot, we had a HUGE storm come out of nowhere. It was intense! It got so dark and it made it hard to get good pictures. I had to edit them like crazy and that always makes the quality of the pictures less. But I just couldn’t wait to share this with you! I am sure one day I will take some better shots, but these work for now.

I was going for a French Country vibe. I am really happy with how it turned out.

kitchen renovation10 670x1024 French Country Kitchen

kitchen renovation9 1024x676 French Country KitchenI love how fun the brown and cream polka dot curtains are! I love all the dark brown accents that tie in the floor and my dining room table.

kitchen renovation4 682x1024 French Country Kitchen

kitchen renovation8 1024x682 French Country Kitchen

kitchen renovation7 1024x682 French Country Kitchen

Along with the garbage cabinet, we also had a tall pantry buitl and a cabinet for above the fridge.

kitchen renovation6 730x1024 French Country Kitchen

kitchen renovation5 713x1024 French Country Kitchen

The floors are from Home Depot. They are PERGO and it  is called Cross Sawn. I adore the floor!!!

Now lets visit the past for a sec and see the before. We lived with it like this for 4 years! I was the most excited to have a garbage can pull out cabinet made :)

kitchen before3 1024x682 French Country Kitchen

kitchen before2 1024x776 French Country Kitchen

If you missed my post on how I painted the cabinets you can see it HERE. I spray painted them using Rust-Oleum’s Heirloom White. They have held up really well so far. My one year old has colored on them with pen, marker, and pencil so far (mulitple times, God bless him) and I just use a rag or the magic eraser to scrub it off. I also added molding to the top of the cabinets. I think it makes them look more finished.

kitchen before edited 1 1024x731 French Country Kitchen

kitchen renovation 682x1024 French Country Kitchen

Thank you for letting me share my kitchen redo!
Pin It

Comments

Fantastic! I can’t believe the cabinets are spray painted. We will be looking for a new house soon and I’m pinning this so I know how to make a sad kitchen happy :) Thanks for sharing.

Looks great! I would love to have a pull out cabinet for my garbage can. Glad to see the hubs got the ceiling done. Love the polka dots too.

3. Laura says

Love this! I seriously just finished my kitchen and did the exact same things you did! White cabinets, silver hardware, crown molding at the top of the cabinets (because, just like you said, it makes them look finished)…only difference is I went with a deep red and sand for wall colors. Great taste :)

so excited to see this!! it looks amazing!
    my kitchen cupboards have the same curved topped insert bit as yours – and i haven’t yet found another person that has repainted in white with these to show me how they would look. (my kitchen is cream laminate – from the previous owner) – but i’ve always wanted to go white to crisp it up.
    now – just to convince the husband of it!!
    you must be so so pleased – it looks amazing.
    thanks for sharing.
    cheryl xox.

Your kitchen looks awesome!! I love the checkered ceiling. How did you guys do that without killing your necks and shoulders?!?
    I think you got our storm from yesterday. Sorry for that ;-)

OMG! That is so awesome! I’ll have to keep the Rustoleum spray in mind for my cabinets…did you have any trouble at all getting an even coat? Beautiful job :-)))

I have a similar looking lower cabinet beneath a window in my kitchen as well. How do you use yours? I use mine as a bakers nook since it makes it easy to knead bread without killing my shoulders.

Love how that turned out! I absolutely adore the polka dot window treatments. I have actually been thinking of switching out my kitchen curtains to red and white polka dots. Think I might go ahead and do it. :)

The kitchen looks amazing! You 2 did a fabulous job! Love the checkered ceiling and the polka dot window treatments! The cabs look brand new painted white. Terrific transformation! Thanks for sharing.

10. Lori B. says

Your kitchen is wonderful! Please, please, do a tutorial about your ceiling. It is really fantastic!

Thanks for sharing it with us~

11. tammylee says

i was noticing in the pics that your dishwasher is directly under your kitchen sink. How is that even possible? just curious….

Hi! I saw you kitchen over at CSI! Oh, it is so lovley! You’ve done a wonderful job! And your ceiling is gorgeous!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

What an outstanding transformation! Your kitchen turned out great. The new look is amazing and you should be so proud. Thank you for using Rust-Oleum to give your cabinets a new look. Keep it up!

love love the transformation! what a huge difference! I can imagine a remodel like that took a lot of work but i think it was so worth it! love it!

Wow! That looks amazing. We’ve been updating our kitchen too, but it’s got a ways to go. Nice to meet you through Traci’ at Beneath My Heart.

Your kitchen turned out amazing! Love your painted cabinets…it is so much work! I painted my upper cabinets last summer and still haven’t gotten around to doing the lower cabinets because I dread the amount of work that goes into it. I love your painted ceiling…so clever!
    Happy 4th of July Weekend!!!
    -emily
    nestnestingnested.blogspot

Your kitchen looks fantastic! :) I love the dark floors and the white cabinets… the entire kitchen looks so crisp. Very nice job! :)

Ooooh! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! I’d really love to have you post this on my linky party!!! The party is open for a few more days.

becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Becca

It turned out just beautiful Stacy! I am very jealous of your painted cabinets. I planned on painting ours this summer, but instead I am snuggling a baby. Not that I’m complaining!

I love your kitchen! I’m really curious about the under the sink dishwasher. We’re going to be redoing our kitchen and I don’t currently have a dishwasher. I was thinking of skipping it because I’d rather have cabinet space than a dishwasher. However, there really isn’t much that you can put under your sink. Any suggestions on how to go install a dishwasher under the sink?

21. Casey Schmidt says

Did you purchase the curtains or did you make them? I love the brown and white polka dot. I would rather purchase them instead of making them. I am not the best with a sewing machine.
    Thanks!
    Casey

22. Elizabeth says

I have never seen anyone have a dishwasher under a sink? I didn’t know if was even doable? Is this just a regular dishwasher or something special. I am excited to think that I could possibly have a dishwasher in my kitchen. Please let me know more details. Great job! Looks amazing.

23. Stacy Whipple says

LOVE the kitchen! I’m going to paint my kitchen table, chairs AND cabinets this summer! I hope mine turns out as well as yours did!!! Awesome job! I found your website today and I am hooked!

24. Mickey says

How can you talk about your kitchen and NOT MENTION the checkerboard ceiling? Who has a checkerboard ceiling in their kitchen? LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Tell us more!

25. jeannette says

Beautiful job! I have been wanting to do this also to my kitchen cabs..didn’t like all the steps with sanding and everything i have read about..when i found your website and you did this without sanding i was very excited our cabs are the same color as yours were. Do you mind telling me how much all the materials cost? I am not adding any cabs. Thanks!!

26. Jamie cleckler says

I love the colors. My husband and I just bought an older home and well we have some changes to make . I am working on a budget that is modest I have searched over , and for my. Kitchen and I have found it. So cute love it….

1. [...] I really love the two tone look!  I love the colors they choose!  I think the style is modern and clean! Restoration House I absolutely love the open shelving in the dining area.  Also this kitchen is so bright and I love the beach feeling the it exudes. Beckie’s Pick: Scissors & Spatulas Jen’s Pick: Not  Just a Housewife [...]