Paper Mache Pumpkins

papermachepumpkins Paper Mache Pumpkins

We made these a while back for family night. The kids loved it! It was messy and sticky, which was probably why it was a big hit with them. I chose to use orange paper because after all the mess of making them I really didn’t want to break out the paint. We blew up some balloons and covered them in the paper that had been dipped in watered down Elmer’s glue. The hardest part was waiting for them to dry! I ( uh, I mean my kids. . . ) don’t have a whole lot of patience. Some green paper leaves and pipe cleaner curly things finished them off. Every time my boys walk by them they comment on how fun it was.

Comments

1. Bella says

Totally fun, my kids played around with paper mache this weekend. I didn't help, and don't recall actually seeing anything come of their experiment, but they had fun. Gotta try this, it's easy, and looks great. Thanks for linking up to **AMAZE me AUGUST**, I really appreciate it, Bella :)

2. Crafty Craftee Craft:>D WAHM says

This is another great paper mache pumpkin pattern and looks like it can easily be made into a pinata as well! Thanks! I shared this craft on my blog along with credit and link to you.

3. Kathleen says

This is such fun. My daughter and I made papier mache pumpkins and bats last year, and invited a friend over to do it this year. Phooey on Wii…let's get messy and have some fun the old-fashioned way! Love your pipe cleaner stems. Thanks for sharing. Glad to have found you on the Thursday follow!

4. Krista says

These are too cute! What a great kid craft too. I'd love for you to come link up to my Halloween party this weekend.

Krista
    whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com

5. Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy says

cute! I bet the kids had a great time making these! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

6. Abby says

These bring back so many memories from school. I forgot all about these. I will have to do these with my kindergarten class to finish up our pumpkin unit.

7. Bella says

Hey girl, just wrapping up all my halloween posts, and party, so I am linking up all halloween projects, from **Amaze me AUgust** also on **6 weeks 2 Spook** I want all them in one place for next year, lol.

8. Karem says

My daugther 1st grade class just send pumkings like this home to be decorted and I found your blog on google!!! I love the leaves and the stems :)
    Very cute, thank you for the idea!!!!